ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager
The ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training course provides valuable information on risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and also ISO 31000. The training course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, analyze, treat, and communicate information security risks based on ISO/IEC 27005.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
The ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training course provides valuable information on risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and also ISO 31000. The training course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, analyze, treat, and communicate information security risks based on ISO/IEC 27005. Furthermore, the training course provides an overview of other best risk assessment methods, such as OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, NIST, CRAMM, and Harmonized TRA.
The PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager certification demonstrates that you comprehend the concepts and principles of information security risk management.
The training course is followed by an exam. After passing the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” credential.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in or responsible for information security in an organization
- Individuals responsible for managing information security risks
- Members of information security teams, IT professionals, and privacy officers
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the information security requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the management of information security risks
Upon the successful completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and improve an information security risk management framework based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Apply information security risk management processes based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Plan and establish risk communication and consultation activities
- The training course is based on the theory and the best practices of information security.
- The training course provides practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to actively participate and engage in discussions and exercises and quizzes.
- Quizzes are similar in structure with the certification exam.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005 and risk managementDay 2: Risk assessment, treatment, acceptance, and risk communication and consultation based on ISO/IEC 27005Day 3: Risk monitoring, review, and risk assessment methods
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security risk managementDomain 2: Implementation of an information security risk management program
Domain 3: Information security risk management framework and processes based on ISO/IEC 27005
Domain 4: Other information security risk assessment methods
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you meet the requirements related to the selected credential.
Credential Exam Professional experience Information Security Risk Management experience Other requirements PECB Ceritified ISO/IEC 27005 Provisional Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in ISRM Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Determining the risk management objectives and scope
- Conducting a risk assessment
- Developing a risk management program
- Defining risk evaluation and risk acceptance criteria
- Evaluating risk treatment options
- Monitoring and reviewing the risk management program
For more information about ISO/IEC 27005 certifications and the PECB Certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees and examination fees are included in the price of the training course.
- Participants of the training course will receive over 350 pages of training materials, containing valuable information and practical examples.
- Participants of the training course will receive an attestation of course completion worth 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Participants who have completed the training course and failed to pass the exam, are eligible to retake it once for free within a 12-month period from the initial date of the exam.