ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor
& Free Shipping
Free shipping on orders over $50!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Why should you attend?
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the ISMS conformity to ISO/IEC 27001 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO/IEC 27001 compliance audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to the information security management system (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free